Monday, August 2, 2010

Day 1

Today is the first day that we have had Apollo in our home...  its been a little strange... spent the time being a referie.  even though Apollo and Kochice are brothers  you would never know with the way they act.  Apollo belonged to my brother and his fiance... last week we all found out that Apollo had a serious type of bone cancer.  I cried and I prayed. Apollo is a young and strong great dane.  he deserves a good life and If we have the means to make that happen, we will.  So we picked him up yesterday to bring him to his new home... our house. Apollo spent the day walking around on a leg that is liable to break with just a quick turn. I was so scared that he would get hurt in the roughhousing.

Wednesday we will be visiting the oncologist to see what can be done for this beautiful Great dane.  I am hoping that our prayers having been answered and it is not what people think it is.  As I sit here looking into the brown eyes that is trusting me with his life  i know that I cannot  give up with out a fight. I m going to start getting ready to pick up his xrays and his pain meds for the week.

I will keep you posted..

No comments:

Post a Comment