Sunday, August 22, 2010

a new day...

Apollo had his first chemo treatment on friday.  so far he is doing wonderfuly. I start back at work tomorrow and i know i will be so worried.  but i will leave that for tomorrow.

Today was spent lounging around the house.  after  a long fun night, i couldnt take much activity.  All four of us catnapped for the first half of the day.  then kochice decided that it was time to play with the toys.... that in turn got Apollo up and about and poor Koa jsut tried to stay out of the way while the giants played tug o war.    So far Apollo isnt showing much signs of side effects from the treatment.  he still has his appetite as well as dringking plenty of water.  He likes it ice cold so my icemaker gets quite a workout. 

Since the treatment Ive been trying to notice abnormal things...  yesterday he would vomit after eating and I would notice a little blood.  Started researching the medications that the vets have prescibed for him...  he recieved an antivomiting med as well as a med that would protect his stomach in the case of an ulcer.   I started giving him that as well as finding out when the correct way to give it and how it works. so Im going to be getting up earlier to make sure i shake it up and give it to him befre I leave for work.

Im so amazed at how he is fighting through this.  I pray to god that we both continue to fight this disease. Apollo is my hero and the soource of my strength.

No comments:

Post a Comment